Thursday, March 1, 2007

Beach!

I'm going to Sydney this weekend! WOOO! Finally, a beach! Nichole, Charlie (a girl from England...she says "Cha'lie") and myself are hopping on a train tomorrow and heading to the Big S. They don't call it that; I just thought I would take the initiative.

Train tickets there are actually really cheap. Twenty-one dollars each way with a student I.D. We won't have to worry about a place to stay, either, because Charlie's parents live in Sydney. Nice. I was planning to go to the Bathurst Show, but Sydney will be better! Plus, it's $15 to get into the show. It's basically a county fair type thing.

Before I heard about going to Sydney, I was in a little bit of a rut today. This morning I went to my lecture, but after 15 minutes everyone left because the professor wasn't there. We think it may start the second week. So I headed to the library to print something off and then to the gym BEFORE it closed. It's not air conditioned, by the way.

Afterwards, I was wishing someone from home was here. I'm meeting people and it's fun to hang out with the internationals who want to travel like myself, but like I said earlier, nothing beats inside jokes and finished sentences. I ended up walking to the mini park about five minutes from the dorm and got to swing! It was a beautiful day...shoes off, music on, sun out. Then I read for awhile and acquired my first mosquito bite. Sal called it a musky bite or something.

I met Nichole and another girl at the pool and that's when I heard about Sydney. The conversation went like this:

N: "Charlie and I are going to Sydney this weekend."
Me: "What?! No way! I wanna go! When are you leaving? How are you getting there?" Blah blah blah.

That makes it sound like I 100% invited myself, but it wasn't quite that bad.

I also went to a Bible study earlier and I'm really glad I went. It's Toga Night at the Uni Bar, but I didn't want to spend money and I got home after everyone left. I'd rather save my money for traveling.

Hopefully next time I write, I'll have some "smashing" pictures to add.

1 comment:

Happily Deranged said...

A gym without AC? I think they outlawed that here in the states. :-S You're a trooper for going anyway. Well, have fun at the beach! Gonna catch any waves?