Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Home in the 9's

I have some new lingo for ya:

"Cup o' two SM," meaning a cup of tea with sugar and milk. People drink tea A LOT here, and if you order tea, it's automatically going to be hot. If you want cold tea, you have to specify you want it iced.

"Under the thumb," meaning whipped or under control. I like this one.

"Over it," meaning you're sick of something.

"In the 9's." This can also be "in the 10's," etc. It just means something happened in that hour. For instance, I just got home from our dorm dinner, so I'm home in the 9's.

You never hear people say "cell phone," either. It's always a "mo-bile."

It's fun to have so many people interested in America. When I talk to some people, they just look at me like they've never seen anything like it. Last night, a girl found out I'm not from around here and her eyes got wide.

*Gasp* "Where else are you from?!" That was amusing...

Today I had my first criminal justice class. It was incredibly boring. Myles is in my class, though, so at least I know someone. I bought textbooks and it only came to $200 for all my courses. One course doesn't have a textbook, two of them only have one book and the last class only requires these enormous course packets that were fairly cheap. I found out one of my tutorials will only be every other week as well, which is awesome.


Oh, and I tried going to the gym. I was all "pumped" about going, I got on the treadmill and 12 minutes and five seconds later, the gym closed. It closes for an hour every day and of course I went 12 minutes and five seconds before closing time. Oh well, it's not like I don't walk 20 minutes each way to class.

I also attempted to do my laundry. $2 to wash and that went fine, but once I loaded the dryer and put in my $1.60, it ate my money and didn't start. I had to hang everything up in my room. Myles gave me an ice pop to compensate for my eaten buck sixty.

Surprisingly, I'm enjoying dorm life. There's always someone around. I don't think I'll be heading to the beach quite yet, but there's a Bathurst Festival this weekend, so there's still something to look forward to.

3 comments:

sadie caprice said...

Sounds like you're having a blast and meeting lots of new people. Too bad about the exercise but u get an A for effort. Just thought i would comment so you would know that i'm still reading and i still miss you more than you know. I need to send you another email, you wouldn't believe my weekend and ironically the drama is not over yet. I need my Tiff! i checked out headset prices today, super expensive, i think joey has one i can borrow though. I'll write soon.

Cody McClaflin said...

tiiifff... we are still waiting on some pictures of the kangaroos.. whats the deal?

Mom3Kids said...

Tif,
It's just boring ol' Mom. Hey, I mailed you a package today, and called about the ck. I think it will come hopefully tomorrow so we can go to the bank. Got your e-mail. Do you have enough money for a few days? Tell me if you don't. I was a little worried. Love you lots!! Oh, I read your blog. You are so funny.