Friday, February 16, 2007

54 songs later

So tomorrow is the big day. At this point, I just want to get to where I'm going. Yesterday I drove to Tennessee to see family. It took me 54 songs (uninterrupted), half a cup of sweet tea and 30 minutes of driving through snow to get here. Not too bad.

Today, Emily (sister) told me she doesn't want me to go to Australia. "That doesn't sound very fun to me...But I like their animals." She's 4.

Tomorrow I fly out of Knoxville at 3:30. It'll take me 52 minutes to get back to Charlotte with an hour layover, then onto a 6 hour flight to San Francisco. I'll wait close to 2 hours there and then take another flight to Sydney. That's a whopping 14 hours and 32 minutes. Ick.

That's not quite the end, though. THEN I wait for about 7 hours before my flight to Bathurst leaves. That's a 40 minute flight, bringing us to a grand total of 9,894 miles traveled. I just finished packing some snacks to take with me. I'd also like to take a moment to give a shout-out to Bed Bath and Beyond for supplying my travel pillow.

So I guess unless I get extremely bored, the next time I write will be from Australia. I'll be 15 hours ahead of the time here, so let's hear it for some jet lag.

See ya on the other side!

2 comments:

Molly said...

I hope that you're traveling safe! I hope you're there already, but I bet with the time difference, it'll be Saturday before you actually get to Australia.

sadie caprice said...

Hey. I'm sure your there already but considering it's about 11:30 here it's only what 9:30 on saturday there? I hope everything went well with your trip and u should be expecting an email soon because trust me after the other night i was seriously missing my best friend but i was apeased by the friendship of joey, mike and zach at ihop. I suppose i'll survive. Anyway i'll talk to you soon good luck with getting settled in and i hope your apartment is nice.
p.s. i'm gonna try and get a mic today.