Sunday, February 11, 2007

right about here...

So this is a pretty terrible map...it doesn't even have Bathurst on it...but this gives an idea of where I'll be. Bathurst is about 2 1/2 hours west of Sydney and as you can see, there's a pretty big continent I'm going to have to explore. Yesterday I met a guy from Australia and I asked him about the area I'll be in. The word "farmland" landed on my ears and I wasn't ready for it.

"What? That wasn't on the web page!" But he also said it's much more of a community because unlike a place such as Sydney where everyone commutes, people in Bathurst stay there. That made me feel better. I guess if I don't know anyone in the whole country, I don't need to be introduced to a new crop of faces every day. I'm sure I won't be disappointed...I wonder if they have hay...

By the way, I've added something to my agenda. I must go snorkeling now...And parasailing and mountain climbing and regular sailing...and shopping and walking...and train riding and to the theatre.

My student loan will cover that, right? (The sweat is forming on Dad's brow). I'm kidding. Sort of.

2 comments:

sadie caprice said...

ahhhhh!!! Your leaving me tomorrow, well technically today i guess, i need to go to bed. anyway just doing some internet surfing, hence the news articles. U missed a riveting game of pictionary tonight but silly you had to pack for your awesome trip. I want to go shopping in another country and meet a cute aussie. I'll see you tomorrow when you're leaving. Okay. That's all for now.

Molly said...

Haha- I dont know about the student loan covering snorkling and parasailing, but who has to know what you spent it on?

I dont know if there will be hay in the country there. I envision the Australian countryside to be more dusty and dry than plush green farmland. I'll bet I'm entirely wrong, though!